WHAT IS CONFIRMATION CLASS?
Confirmation is a critical time of learning for our church’s youth. We have designed our program based on the stages of learning set out by a classical education model following the stages of learning - grammar, logic, and rhetoric. In this way, as teachers, we can reach and teach all of our students no matter what grade they are starting confirmation or where their learning of the catechism is.
Year 1 focuses on the grammar stage of learning – memorization and learning the facts by utilizing the catechism.
The second year of Confirmation class moves onto the Logic stage and looks at Bible stories in the Old and New Testaments through the lens of the Catechism. Year 2 of Confirmation Class is optional.
Year 3 gets into the real-life application or the rhetoric stage of learning. During this year, we look at apologetics, or how we defend our faith - again, through the lens of the Catechism.
Those who purchase will receive a myHT Gold subscription to access Confirmation Class Year 1.
Confirmation Year 2 & 3 Units will be released throughout the year and updates will be sent out automatically.
WHAT IS IN EACH LESSON?
- Opening and closing hymns by unit to encourage learning of church music
- Detailed lessons to enable teaching by pastors a laity
- Associated Bible readings
- Supplementary materials: videos, activities, quizzes, and discussion
- Pre-teaching videos by pastors to give parents and students background knowledge before the lesson
- Parent track resources to engage and involve parents in student learning outcomes
- Student guided notes
- Teacher track with teacher preparation and questions
- Classical education model based; grammar, logic, and rhetoric style questions to cover a variety of ages and learning abilities
WHAT IS INCLUDED IN CONFIRMATION YEAR 1?
WHAT IS INCLUDED IN CONFIRMATION YEAR 2?
- Unit 1: Lessons 1-5, Introduction, Creation-Sodom, and Gomorrah
- Unit 2: Lessons 6-10, Issach & Jacob-The Golden Calf and Bronze Serpent
- Unit 3: Lessons 11-14, Samson-David + Review
- Unit 4: Lessons 15-18, Elijah-Daniel and the Lion's Den + How to Listen to Sermons
- Unit 5: Lessons 19-23, The Annunciation- Jesus Walks on Water
- Unit 6: Lessons 24-28, The Canaanite Woman- The Resurrection & Ascension
WHAT IS INCLUDED IN CONFIRMATION YEAR 3?
- Unit 1:Lessons 1-4, Training your Brain: Intro to Logic and Fallacies
- Unit 2: Lessons 5-7, What is the Supernatural?
- Unit 3: Lessons 8-13, God's Authority and Identity and How it's Revealed
- Unit 4: Lessons 14-17, The Fall and How Sin Breaks Stuff
- Unit 5: Lessons 18-20, Is Christianity Good or Bad for the World?
- Unit 6: Lessons 21-26, Social Issues and the Christian's Role
- Unit 7: Lesson 27-28, Review: How to think Good: Helping vs. Winning