What the Father abundantly promises, Jesus the Son graciously provides in His death and resurrection for you, and then the Spirit joyfully brings all that to you in the Word and Gifts of Jesus. That’s what the Apostles Creed confesses from the Holy Scriptures.
Higher Things® We All Believe Vacation Bible School delivers all that to your children over a 5-day curriculum, which is specifically designed to highlight the knowledge and enthusiasm of your church’s youth for God’s Word. We believe the talents of your church’s youth can play an important role in engaging an even younger generation and teaching them to recognize God’s gifts to us in His Word and Sacraments. It's our desire that this curriculum will help both the young and the young at heart to bring the saving knowledge of Jesus Christ to the children of your congregation and community.
Our latest VBS is chock-full of Gospelly goodies which include:
- Opening and Closing Worship using Daily Orders of Prayer adapted from those found in Lutheran Service Book.
- Bible Breakaways that teach and reinforce the day’s Bible story in a fun and humorous way.
- Catechism Study where participants will actively engage in activities and games geared to show them the gifts that the Apostles’ Creed.
- Snacks, Games, and Crafts that all reinforce the theme of the day with opportunities for discussing “What Does This Mean?”
- Music selection for each day drawn from the liturgy and hymns of Lutheran Service Book. MP3 organ accompaniment files are provided to assist in learning and singing the music.
- Preschool materials with Bible stories, games, and crafts geared for the youngest of the young in your program.
- Adult Bible Studies to lead grownups and older youth in the study of the same Bible stories and Catechism lessons.
- Director’s and Leader’s Guides for each section of the program, complete with material and supply lists, lesson outlines, and helpful hints and tricks for organizing and running your VBS program for Preschool through upper elementary grades using either a morning or evening schedule. Designed to include the older youth of the congregation as assistants.
- Higher Things’ great formula of “Worship, Work, and Fun” adapted to the younger kids for a week. They can “Dare to Be Lutheran” and have a blast while they do!
- Permission to reproduce any of the material for use in your congregation’s VBS program.
NOTE: This VBS was originally published as “Crucified” in 2014, specifically linked to our summer conferences theme, with its main focus on the Apostles’ Creed. We All Believe VBS serves as a more generalized, updated, and fine-tuned edition, while still retaining the heart of “Crucified”.